The system consists of a high-vacuum chamber, multi-ported, equipped with deuterium and xenon sources for accelerated ageing of coatings under vacuum.
The specimen to be irradiated is mounted on a temperature-controlled platen, which, in turn is mounted on a XYZ J manipulator. Provision is made for the measurement of emissivity and absorptance without breaking vacuum and at the operating temperature.
The chamber is fitted with a magnetically levitated turbo molecular pump and scroll backing pump meaning the system is oil free.
Samples can be loaded into the chamber from within Class 8 clean tent.
- Maximum operating temperature of sample: 600 degrees C. Specified by customer
- Sample size: Four 25x25mm
- Total number and time of emissivity and absorptance measurements specified by the customer
- Samples are held under high vacuum
Test Data Provided
- Temperature monitored and logged via three calibrated K-- Type thermocouples for the duration of test
- Emissivity measured to better than +/-0.01
- Percentage change in absorptance
- Mass spectrometer data
The chamber can be remotely operated and monitored and automatic, over-temperature shutdown systems are in place to protect samples. The control and pump systems are protected by a UPS which allows a controlled shutdown in the event of power failure and notifies TS-Space Systems staff via several mobile communications channels. Emergency chamber sealing and Argon fill systems can also be engaged.