The Cryo-Tribometer enables to derive friction and wear from cryogenic temperatures up to RT. It works in gHe (gaseous Helium) or vacuum environment.
The Cryo-Tribometer consists of a tube-like vacuum-chamber (crystat) with a power train on top of it. The cryostat is capable of cooling with liquid nitrogen or helium. The test-pair (containing "upper" and "lower" disc and three pins) are mounted inside a vacuum-tube so the wear contact is under vacuum (or gHe).
• Friction force / Friction coefficient
• Environmental Data
• Wear (post test analysis)
1. 1-20N Load per pin (100-2000MPa)
2. Unidirectional or oscillating movement
3. Speed from 0.01 to 0.2 m/s (<100 RPM)
4. From room-temperature to 4 K
Aerospace & Advanced Composites GmbH - your highly experienced partner in material testing and development for space, aerospace and terrestrial applications.