The test facility HaDES (Harmonic Drive ® Experimental Setup) originally was designed to test harmonic-drive ® gears for their lifetime under thermal vacuum conditions. In addition HaDES can also be used to test other critical components of drive units, for example stepper motors and brakes. Feasibility may need to be checked based on customer specifications. In most cases the manufacturing of a custom testbox is necessary.
The test facility consists of an input engine which is used for movement (constant speed, speed ramps) and an output engine which is used for applying loads (constant torque, torque ramp). The engines are mounted outside of the vacuum chamber. Inside the vacuum chamber the testbox housed by a thermal shroud is mounted including a high precise angular sensor system for both input- and output side. The test facility offers various testing scenarios including constant torque and speed, but also torque- and/or speed ramps.
Online-data acquisition with up to 50 kHz offers high precise position- and speed data.
- Speed: 1-600 rpm
- Torque: 0-1 Nm +/- 0.002 Nm (Option: 0-5 Nm +/- 0.010 Nm)
- Speed: 0.01-30 rpm
- Torque: 2-30 Nm +/- 0.100 Nm
- Input- and output-shaft
- Measurement accuracy: 200 arcsec
- High vacuum down to 10-6 mbar
- Non-aggressive gases (e.g. CO2) under controllable pressures (e.g. to simulate Martian environment at 15 mbar)
- -150°C to +200°C
- Cycling with up to 2 °C/min