Łukasiewicz Research Network – Institute of Aviation is a leading center of research for aerospace technologies. Its broad experience includes sounding rockets, research on modern fuels, oxidizers for space propulsion, development of small thrusters for satellite application, active deorbitation systems, remote sensing, development of avionics systems for rockets and aircrafts.
Space Technology is one of the three pillars of excellence of the Institute and established strategic partnerships allow working for the benefit of the global Space Technology market.
The Łukasiewicz Research Network – Institute of Aviation consists of eight research centers:
• Space Technologies Center conducts research and development in the field of space propulsion, space transportation, satellite testing and remote sensing.
• Materials and Structures Research Center offers tests across a wide range of loads and temperatures and is a regional leader in fatigue testing owing to a significant number of certified test stands.
• Composite Technologies Center delivers composite technology solutions and composite material tests for the aerospace industry.
• Engineering Services Center provides mechanical and thermal engineering support to strategic research and development projects.
• Research Coordination Center provides support in the field of expanding research capabilities and establishing national and international projects.
• Aviation Technologies Center develops technologies dedicated to aircraft design, aerodynamic research and aircraft certification.
• Unmanned Technologies Center conducts research and development in the field of drones and ant-drone systems.
• Engineering Design Center operates based on the strategic alliance of Łukasiewicz Research Network – Institute of Aviation with General Electric. The center offers expertise and R&D services for jet aircraft engines and for oil and gas infrastructure.
The Space Technologies Center consists of three departments: Space Technologies Department, Remote Sensing Department and Avionics Department.
Laboratory tests are conducted in laboratories with testing and measuring equipment unique in our country which are accredited by PCA.
Areas of activity in the space sector
• Rocket systems,
• Space propulsion,
• Space debris,
• Structures and pyrotechnics,
• Thermal Engineering,
• Electronics and control systems,
• Remote sensing.