Scanning Acoustic Microscopy (SAM), a consolidated and recognized tool for quality control, inspection and failure analysis of microelectronic components and materials. This inspection technique is routinely used for the non-destructive detection of internal anomalies (cracks, voids and delamination, porosity, hermeticity issues…).
• Scanning Acoustic Microscopy. Confocal inspection.
• Multi-focal imaging.
• Thought transmission ultrasound inspection.
• A-scan, peak amplitude and phase inversion analyses.
• Detection of micrometric features of submicrometric
• Depth mapping.
• Non-destructive visual crossectioning.
• Fourier transform data treatment.
• Post-inspection moisture removal.
Used Standards and Test methods:
• Plastic encapsulated systems
PC/JEDEC J-STD-020E (Moisture Sensitivity level)
ESCC25200 (Space level)
NASA PEM-INST-001 (Space level)
MIL-STD-1580 (Military level)
• Chips on board and post-soldering verification
• Ceramic capacitors
MIL-PRF-123 , MIL-PRF-31033, MIL-PRF-49470
• Hermetic packages
Die attach and lid-seal inspection
• ...., etc.