Facility for laboratory testing of aerospace hydrogen fuel cell systems located in the Thermal Vacuum Laboratory (TVL) at NLR Marknesse.
It consists of the following components:
- An ATEX cabinet (see photo) of ca 1 x 1 x 2 m (V = 2.7 m3)
- Suitable for testing of Fuel Cell Systems up to 5 kW
- Redundant explosion-proof ventilation
- Antistatic table for the test object
- Antistatic housing with:
a. Two self-closing doors for access to test setup
b. Antistatic polycarbonate windows for the upper half of the sides
c. Rock panel as panels for the lower half of the sides
d. Share transit of cables and pipes through the Rock panel
e. Bottom openings for ventilation inlet
f. Potential equalization (electrical grounding) of the individual parts.
- Explosion-proof lighting in the cabinet
- Hydrogen feed
- Programmable load bank