How can we support you?
- On-demand Additive Manufacturing (AM) of custom parts out of high-performance metals and ceramics suitable for aerospace applications
- Support with design and simulation of AM parts via extensive database of mechanical properties for the materials (test data available via tests directly performed at ESTEC)
- Support with qualification and testing of AM materials and parts according ASTM/DIN standards (tensile, fatigue, TC, CTE, hardness, flexural strength, thermal cycling, thermal vacuum etc.)
- Support with integrating AM in your manufacturing chain via tailored workshops and consultancy support
How does our technology work?
Ours is an AM-based technology for the cost-effective production of Ceramic and Metal parts (and also regolith) using the method of Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF). The process uses specially fabricated metal or ceramic filaments which are shaped into desired geometry using specially developed in-house FFF printers. The printed “green parts” may then be machined in order to include further details in the parts and to improve surface finish, after which they are subsequently chemically processed and heat treated at high temperatures to eliminate the binder and to sinter the part respectively. The technology yields both metal & ceramic parts with relative density of over 99%.
- Titanium (Ti6Al4V)
- Stainless Steel (316L & 17-4PH)
- Alumina (Al2O3)
- Silicon Carbide (SiC)
- Silicon Nitride (Si3N4)
- Tungsten Carbide-Cobalt (WC-Co)
- Zirconia (ZrO2)
- Martian Regolith
- Lunar Regolith
- Simulant type can be tailored for customer/project needs (contact for more details)