The chemical laboratory also offers analytics, preparation and casting of solid rocket propellant, as well as analytical research in terms of liquid rocket fuels.
The equipment within the chemical support includes e.g.:
• Sievers InnovOx ES Laboratory Total Organic Carbon (TOC) Analyzer - is a very sensitive analyser that can be used for measuring: total organic carbon TOC, non-purgeable organic carbon NPOC, total carbon TC and inorganic carbon IC in aqueous solution samples.
The Sievers InoovOx ES Laboratory TOC analyzer is additionally equipped with an autosampler which allows to carry out measurements in automatic mode for max 63 vials at the same time (in configuration with 40ml vials).
The TOC analyzer is connected to a laptop and can be controlled by a computer software program.
- TOC measuring range 0.05 - 50 000 ppm;
- TOC precision < 3% RSD NPOC/TOC;
- Accuracy +/- 3% NPOC/TOC;
- Detection limit 0.05 ppm NPOC;
• Avio 200 ICP Optical Emission Spectrometer - is designed for the quantitative determination of elements in diluted liquid hydrogen peroxide samples over a wide detection range.
Equipped with a Dual View system - the patented Dual View mode of plasma observation enables transverse and axial plasma observation, providing efficient measurement of low and high concentration elements in a single method.
Measurement of any line in the whole useful spectral range 160 to 900 nm.
Simultaneous measurement of the analytical line and the background on both sides of the peak (at any point).
An actual resolution better than 0,009 nm in the UV range (at 200 nm).
Cooled by the Peltier system work at -8°C providing a very low noise level and therefore better detection limits.
• Nicolet iS50 FT-IR Spectrometer with a built-in ATR - is used for chemical analysis of solid, liquid and gaseous materials by using Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy technique. The spectrum obtained as a result of the measurement enables, among others, identification of the tested substance.
The FTIR spectrometer is equipped with an additional diamond ATR adapter for fast analysis of liquid and solid samples. The ATR (Attented Total Reflectance) technique uses the phenomenon of weakened total reflection of IR radiation from the tested sample and does not require special preparation.
The FTIR spectrometer is connected to a computer/laptop and controlled by the OMNIC software.
Maximum resolution < 0,09 cm-1.
• Vhx 7000 digital microscope - is a specialized multi-device. Its simple (space-saving) design accommodates a wide range of possible tests, characteristic of other individual devices: optical microscope (with the possibility of illuminating the sample and viewing the material structure inside the hollows/pores), particle size analyzer, profilometer, endoscope/borometer.
This microscope makes it possible to assess the surface area and pore volume using a non-invasive method, which cannot be determined by other devices. Moreover, it is possible to work in "field" conditions.
Lens with 20-200x magnification and 18.104.22.168.150.200x fixed pitch for contact and non-contact observation. Working distance not less than 25.5mm Mobile head with the possibility of observation outside a tripod.
• Station for casting solid rocket propellant - made of a non-sparking alloy. Both the chamber and the funnel are equipped with a heating jacket, which guarantees maintaining the right temperature for the casting process. The chamber is additionally equipped with a connection port for the vacuum pump and space for placing an external temperature probe and safety valve.