The Thermal Vacuum Chamber is part of the Space Qualification Laboratory (SQL).
The SQL is a facility aimed at supporting aerospace companies in the design, manufacturing and testing of nano and micro satellites (up to 70 Kg) and electronic and mechanical components of space, avionic and military systems, providing service activities for the qualification and acceptance to mechanical and operational environmental loads. Test facilities and test procedures fully meet the most rigorous standard established by the European space Agency and military requirements.
- Temperature uniformity (on shroud): +/-3°C
- Minimum pressure: <(10)^(-5) mbar
- Cold Plate dimensions : 850x850 mm
- Refrigerating system: indirect system by means of Baysilone cooled by the cascade refrigeration group Data acquisition:
- IMC CRONOS PL (60 chs) Accredited test methods:
- ESA ECSS-E-10-03A
- MIL-STD-810-C / F / G
- RTCA DO -160D